Saturday, July 23, 2011

Negative FIVE

I (Jason) was thinking of blogging about my top 5 actors and actresses, but after seeing the last Harry Potter again last night with Isabelle, I've decided to blog instead about my bottom 5 actors and actresses. I'm going to start at the very bottom and work my way up from there. So, ummm...we'll call this actress -5.

All I can say is that Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood in the Harry Potter movies) must have a family member high up in the movie business (or in the mafia). She delivers her lines similar to the way a tree would, and not one of the trees from LOTR or Wizard of Oz, but more like the tree that perhaps you have in your backyard. She actually curses us with one of THE worst acting moments of all time (it actually made me angry to watch because she is in one of the biggest movies of all time and...Oh for the love, it's too painful). The moment is at the end of the movie when she comes in and sits by Nevel and we are supposed to believe that they like each other, but she does absolutely nothing. Nothing. Nothing. She just sits there and does....NOTHING. Granted, "nothing" is her main character choice throughout the movies, but she has progressively gotten worse as the movies have gone along until in her final moment she gives a performance that makes the heavens shake with fury because of her terribleness. Okay. I'm done. I'm good. Forgive my meanness, but it had to be said. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment