Sunday, August 30, 2009

More Birthday Fun!

Today was our stake conference. We spend two hours chasing Ivy around the back of the cultural hall and tried to catch snippets of the talks. Isabelle and Aidan were content to draw the whole time. Aidan’s turning into a serious little artist. He can literally draw for two hours straight, which he’s been doing for several days now. He loves drawing the Disney alien character, “Stitch” (notice the great detail with the two sets of alien arms below) and dinosaurs with stripes on their backs, heads, and anywhere else!


In the evening we had a birthday dinner and cake for Jason. I decided to try something new, so I made spaghetti carbonara (Rachel Ray’s recipe) with breadsticks and red grapes. I overdid the black pepper on the carbonara, so it had a major kick, but otherwise it turned out great. Jason said it was like eating food from a fancy restaurant. Aw, shucks. Then we watched some Even Stevens episodes (that Shia LaBeouf is super funny…they should put him in comedies…how did he turn into an action movie star?). Then Jason blew out 34 candles, and we gorged on cake and ice cream. Gotta love these birthday traditions. We are gearing up for another crazy, busy school week! (You can click on the photos to view them larger.)















6 comments:

  1. I feel like I just saw you, and I didn't notice how long your hair is. It looks so healthy and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging Purdies. I'm glad you've started one since you decided to move as far away from us as possible and still be in the United States:)
    Happy birthday Jason- I'm glad you had such a fun celebration!

    ps-Love your background choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we have another doodle master in the making. Those drawing are great Aidan. Looks like some great birthday fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Jason! Katie, I'm so glad to see you've started blogging. I always check my friends' blogs faithfully, so I'm glad to finally add you to the list. We love you, and miss you! Hope everything is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so happy you have a blog! will visit often

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss and love and miss you guys. I loved reading the blog tonight.

    Adian I love the art.

    You sure are some beautiful people.

    PS- Jason you look so teacherly these days. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete